Take a Powder

So, today was a tough day for a powder blue tang.  I purchased three tangs (a powder blue, a chocolate and a regal) with the intention of keeping them all in the QT (quarantine tank) a while then introducing them together so that my sohol tang wouldn't focus too much aggression on any of them.  Well, it didn't work out as planned.  When I got the three into QT, I noticed what might be ich on the chocolate tang.  The regal and powder blue looked fine, so rather than have them deal with ich, I placed them in the display tank.
Immediately, I had trouble.  The Sohol chased both the regal and powder blue for quite some time and took some pretty nasty nicks out of the powder blue's fins.  The regal was smart enough to hide in the rock work.  That's what I was hoping for both of them.  After attempting to train the aggression out of the sohol, we gave up and placed the powder blue back in the QT with the chocolate.  It will take some time to heal those wounds, then I'll probably have to sell the powder blue to someone who doesn't have a homicidal sohol tang.

Let's hope the chocolate tang doesn't have ich; that would really complicate things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment