New Additions!

The quarantine tanks (QT) is up and running. It's just a small (about 14G) cube with a 96W power compact, a Koralia 3 powerhead and a fluval in tank filter with a venturi for aeration. I filled the in tank filter with ceramic "bio" media. I love this stuff. I'm convinced that it's as good as (or better than) live rock for biological filtration. A 20G with an Aquaclear 50 & bio-media was good enough to keep a 6-inch Tang living through a hyposalinity treatment. The QT does have about 10 lbs of cycled live rock directly out of my display. There shouldn't be any worry about a cycle since I've simply added an already working filter to the system.

I picked up five pieces of SPS coral today. The pieces you can't see are an ORA pearlberry frag and a nice dark blue/green granulosa. The small frag in the front middle of the QT is a green stylophora. The two large pieces are unknown pieces that have been sitting in a system for a long time and have been browned out probably for years. I can't wait to see how they color up in my system! I got them for $35 each. It took a lot of willpower not to buy all the fist size colonies that were selling for that price. (I might go back tomorrow, but don't tell my wife.)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment