Maintenance Today

Change to the feeding cycle for the fish:
So, I'm trying to move my fish from a single food diet to a more diverse diet. It's working out. I've added mysis for the clowns and fire-fish and seaweed for the Tang to the normal pellet food diet they have now. My reason is that the large aquarium will be housing a ton of fish. With just two clowns and a juvenile tang, expensive pellet food wasn't a very expensive option. With closer to twenty or thirty fish, a $25 bag of pellet food doesn't seem like the best idea.

A bit more flow:
So, I haven't taken the plunge and spent $800-$1200 for three really good controllable circulation pumps (wallet needs a break).  I do realize that this 180G is going to need more than the Mag 12 return and Iwaki 55RLT circulation pump.  There are still plenty of "dead spots" in the tank.  I'm getting some cyanobacteria blooms in places where detritus is settling in the system.  I added a Koralia 4 and a Maxi-Jet 1200 in some strategic locations.  There's a good chance they'll remain there even when I add other pumps.

Some relocation:
I have a really nice "acan echinata" (a large polyp stony coral) that was sitting in the dark side of the tank waiting for me to finish the lights.  I haven't finished the lights, so I moved it over to the fully lit portion of the tank.  There was also a frag of an Acropora valida (tricolor branching coral) that was getting overgrown by other livestock.  I moved it into my QT (quarantine tank).  Of course, making a QT into a frag growout tank is a bad idea.  I guess I just need a growout tank now  Hmm, I've got the equipment...

0 comments:

Post a Comment